Brand: Down to Earth
Ragi is rich in calcium, fibre, protein, iron and other minerals. It is a low fat cereal and most of the fats are in the unsaturated form. A few health benefits are:
1. Aids in Bone Development: The cereal is beneficial for growing children and older people who need a constant supply of calcium for healthy growth and maintenance of bones. Consumption of Ragi can reduce the risks of fractures and osteoporosis to a considerable extent.
2. Aids in Weight loss: Fibers in Ragi reduces excess appetite, gives you a feeling of fullness, and the slower digestion rate of the cereal allows you to take less calories. This supports the process of weight loss.
3. Acts as a Relaxant: It acts as an excellent natural relaxant and helps to fight anxiety, insomnia and depression. Also helps in treating migraine headaches.
4. Reduces High Glucose Levels in the Blood: Consumption of Ragi based diet is helpful for people with diabetes because of the higher fiber content as compared to rice and wheat. And also reduces starch digestibility and absorption.
5. Acts as a Good Source of Protein/Amino Acids: Ragi is a rich source of amino acids. It helps in repairing tissues, metabolism and muscle coordination. It is also good for blood formation, muscles repair, bone and skin health.
6. Lowers Blood Cholesterol Levels: The essential amino acids present in Ragi, help to reduce cholesterol by removing excess fat from the liver, prevents the formation of fat in the liver and this, in turn, brings down the cholesterol level in the body.
7. Prevents and Treats Anemia: Ragi, being a good source of iron, can be considered as a useful cereal for anemic patients.
8. Acts as Remedy for Various Health Conditions: Regular intake of Ragi can prevent many health conditions such as malnutrition, premature ageing and the development of degenerative diseases.
Green Ragi is a remedy for blood pressure, heart weakness, liver disease, asthma and lack of milk production during lactation period.When your health and the health of your family is on the line, remember: Farm2Kitchen organic offerings. It’s worth it.
Organic refers to the way agricultural products are grown and processed. It includes a system of production, processing, distribution and sales that assures consumers that the products maintain the organic integrity that begins on the farm.
This system, which is governed by strict government standards, requires that products bearing the organic label are made without the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and synthetic nitrogen fertilizers, antibiotics, synthetic hormones, genetic engineering or other excluded practices, sewage sludge, or irradiation.
Guided by these and other standards, organic is the most heavily regulated and closely monitored production system in the U.S., enabling you to choose organic products with confidence.
Mounting evidence shows that organic foods are rich in nutrients, such as iron, magnesium, and vitamin C, which are critical to maintaining good health.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional like your doctor. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem.